All reports and minutes from Vestry Meetings are a matter of public record. Here you can find the current agenda, minutes from past meetings, and all submitted reports. Vestry meets after the 10 o’clock service on the 3rd Sunday of every month, unless otherwise noted in the Calendar. Everyone is welcome to attend meetings.
Vestry Meeting April 23, 2017
St. Thomas of Canterbury Episcopal Church, Greendale, Wisconsin
Present: Paul Stoving, Senior Warden; Margaret Done, Junior Warden; Gary Heaney; Kathie Hein, Scott Celsor; Lisa Chmielewski; Mark Lamson; Fr. Mark Moore, Rector; Kris Reed, Treasurer
Absent: Ross Worzalla
Amended Email Motion: Paul Stoving moved to split the cost of the vacuum cleaner repairs between the Discretionary Account and the Altar Guild-Anne Yokers Fund. Scott Celsor seconded the motion. Five Vestry members voted to approve and three members abstained.
Call to Order: The meeting was called to order at 11:30 a.m. by Fr. Moore who also led the opening prayer.
Group Exercise: The Vestry members viewed a video on differentiated leadership. A discussion followed regarding how the concept applies to Vestry members, as well as leaders in general.
- Consent Agenda:
- March vestry meeting minutes
- March financial report
- Reports (Downloadable Reports)
- Motion: Kathie Hein moved that the Consent Agenda be accepted. Scott Celsor seconded the motion. All Vestry members present voted to approve.
- Task list: The Task List was reviewed. Gary Heaney will take the lead on St. Thomas’s involvement in Greendale’s July 4th activities.
- Calendar: The calendar was reviewed. Kathie Hein will discuss a date for the Church Picnic with Ross Worzalla.
Business in Progress
- Panic Bars: Mark Lamson discussed additional quotes he received for the panic bars. He is still waiting for some additional quotes.
- Bill Giving Tree: Margaret Done explained the reasoning behind the Bill Giving Tree and the process that church members would take if they want to participate.
- Ministry Fair: Paul confirmed with Vestry members that the Ministry Fair will be held on Sunday, April 30, and that most ministries will be represented.
- Motion: For purposes of clarification, Kathie Hein moved that any expenditures over $100 need Vestry approval only if the money would come from funds not already budgeted or otherwise designated for that Ministry’s use. Mark Lamson seconded the motion and it was approved by all Vestry members present.
Upcoming Dates: The next Vestry meeting will be on Sunday, May 21, 2017.
Adjourn: Fr. Moore led the closing prayer. The meeting adjourned at 12:40 p.m.
Gail A. Pedersen